Common Causes for iPhone Data Loss – How to Recover Lost Files from iPhone
iPhone data loss is one of the modern time tragedy. To lose photos, contacts, notes or messages on your iPhone makes you feel helpless. iPhone data loss could be totally random accidental: an accidental deletion or a failed software upgrade. A lot of things can make your iPhone data inaccessible. Whichever the reason, we can still find some way to recover the lost data.
Common causes for iPhone data loss
1. Human errors. A human error is the most common cause for iPhone data loss. Accidental deletion of iOS data is more than frequent among iPhone users. For example, you could delete a new iTunes backup or restore your iPhone from a wrong iTunes backup file.
2. Software upgrade failure. iOS upgrade failure can also make your iPhone unusable and lead to a case of data loss. A cable disconnection, a power failure or network breakdown during the updating process could lead to data corruption or immediate data loss.
3. Physical damage. Physical damage is responsible for a lot of iPhone data loss. Dropping your iPhone to the ground? Sound Familiar? Or you forgot to take your iPhone out of the pocket and it spent the afternoon in the washing machine? The physical damage occurs unexpectedly, so it is best to keep your phone in a solid protective case. Fortunately, damaged iPhone doesn’t mean we lose the data we stored are lost forever. There is software, such as H Data iPhone Data Recovery, that can extract your iPhone files from your iTunes backups easily.
4. Lost or stolen iPhone. An iPhone lost or stolen also leads to data loss because you can no longer access your files. Luckily, you still have a few ways to recover data from the phone even if you don’t have access to your device.
5. Factory Reset. A factory reset procedure will erase all your iPhone’s content. If by accident or not you factory reset your iPhone and don’t have an iTunes backup file or an iCloud backup, your data is possibly lost forever. You may still have a chance by using H Data iPhone Data Recovery immediately after the factory reset to rescue the deleted files before they get overwritten.
How to Protect Data on your iOS Devices
Prevention is the best solution. Here are some tips you can take to prepare your data for any future risks:
1. Make regular iTunes backup files and make multiple copies of them on your storage devices.
2. Create an iCloud account and associate it with your device. Create regular iCloud backups, especially before making big changes on your phone.Activate “Find My iPhone” to be able to track it if it’s lost.
3. Enable “Find My iPhone” so you can track your iOS devices if they are lost or stolen. You can remotely delete or lock your device to ensure the safety of your personal information.
4. Use the protective case to protect your iPhone from minor physical damages.
H Data iPhone Data Recovery is the professional iOS data recovery software that allows users to preview and extract data from iTunes backup files, or to directly scan the iOS device to retrieve lost data, such as photos, audio messages, reminders, notes, contacts, and various application data.