How to fix damaged SD card and recover files from SD card?
In our past articles we have introduced some ideas about recovering files from SD card. Please note that, if you want to get a full recovery you will have to make sure the SD card works well. So the problem is: if your SD card is damaged, how to fix the damaged SD card?
How to know the SD card damaged?
You may have different ways to know whether the SD cards are broken. For your reference:
- Keep asking you to format the card. You will receive the message which asked you to format the SD card due to damaged.
- Unable to read from the SD card. If you try to open or copy files from the SD card, it will not allow you to do that. Anyway, it will become inaccessible.
So when you find out that you are unable to access into the SD card that should be some problem on your SD card.
How to fix the damaged SD card?
Please keep in mind that, don’t fix the damaged SD card in your way. Use the “CHKDSK” command as the best method to fix it. With the “CHKDSK” command, you will be able to fix the damaged SD card without data lost. How to do that?
- Connect your SD card with your computer with a card reader.
- Run the command windows; you can see the window like this.
- Type “chkdsk X: /f “, for example, “chkdsk e: /f”, x stands for your SD card drive letter.
In all the steps, it will fix the SD card and make corrections to the files system. Try to access this SD card, it will be OK to use this card and recover the files now.
In some cases, if you still are not able to access to get the data then you may have to use Hdata Recovery software, it’s the safe file recovery tool for getting your lost files from SD card.
How to recover files with Hdata Recovery?
Recovering files with Hdata is an easy case for everyone. Hdata is free for scanning your lost files, so you can download the free trial version to check whether it can find out your lost files, and register after get the confirmation. That is to say, the free version will be able to upgrade to professional version.
- Launch Hdata Recovery, select the USB disk recovery module and click. This module will also fit for SD card or any other memory cards.
- After several minutes scanning, lost files will be listed in the result list. Please note that you can check for those files in details.
- Select the certain files to recover, or you can select all files in the list to be recovered.