How to Recover iPhone Camera Roll without Backup
The iPhone Camera Roll album consists of photos physically stored on your device. Photos you have taken with your iPhone camera, or photos you have saved to your device from messages, emails, applications or websites are stored in the Camera Roll album.
You can access your iOS device’s Camera Roll on your Mac by following these steps:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac with a cable, preferably the original lightning cable.
- If prompted on the iOS device to “Trust” the computer, go ahead and tap the Trust button.
- Launch the Image Capture app from your Applications folder. Click on your iOS device from the app’s sidebar.
From there, you can browse or delete photos and videos from your Camera Roll with ease. You can also use the Import All button to transfer photos from your iOS device to your Mac.
View iOS device’s Camera Roll on Windows computers is also as easy:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC with the supplied Lightning cable and tap on the Trust button if prompt.
- Open a Windows Explorer window. Click on the Apple iPhone or Apple iPad option from the sidebar.
- Double-click on the Internal Storage folder to access the iOS folders. Locate the DCIM>100Apple folder and view the contents of the iOS device Camera Roll
It is not uncommon for users to delete iPhone Camera Roll photos mistakenly. It won’t be a problem if you have previously prepared proper iTunes backups because you can recover photos from iTunes backup files with no trouble. But if you have no backup files available, it can be a little bit tricky. In this article, we will recommend an iPhone camera roll recovery tool to help you retrieve the lost photos from iPhone.
A Guide to Recover iPhone Camera Roll without Backups
The iPhone camera roll recovery we would like to recommend is H Data iPhone Data Recovery Software. It can directly deep scan your iOS device and retrieve the lost data if you have no backup files to turn to. Here is how it is done:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to a computer with an USB cable, select Scan iPhone for deleted files and click Begin Recovery From iPhone button.
Step 2. Wait for some minutes while the H Data iPhone Recovery is gathering all deleted information on your iPhone. Keep your iPhone connected before the scan is fully completed.
Step 3: In this step, you will find that all the files that H Data iPhone Recovery Software has found in the device memory are listed and categorized. You can find your lost camera roll files in “Photos” category on the left. You can browse and select the files you want to recover and then click Export Selected Records to save them to your computer.