Software to Retrieve External Hard Drive Data on Windows
External hard disk drive is one of the most popular storage devices that provides greater portability and expandable storage. The amount of data stored on personal hard drives and corporate servers continues to grow. And so is the risk of data loss. Not everyone is very conscious about this risk and keeps a regular backup of their important files. What if our hard drives failed and we have no backups to fall back on? Can we recover data from failed hard drives? Users may lose crucial data from external hard disk in many circumstances, such as:
- File system corruption due to improper shutdown when it is connected to computer
- Accidental formatting portable hard disk drives
- Partition corruption, deletion or formatting due to user mistakes
- Hard drive corruption due to sudden disconnection caused by power outage or USB cable failures
- Severe virus attack to portable hard drive makes it as inaccessible
These situations can either cause damage to hard drives or induce data loss from the storage media. When you encounter unexpected data loss, stop using external hard drive immediately because there might be chances of overwriting data or causing further corruption to drive. Choosing a piece of reliable data recovery software and the data on external hard drives can be restored effectively.
H Data Hard Drive Recovery is one of the most recommended tools to retrieve data from portable hard drives on Windows system. It is designed to accurately scan the lost data in order to restore them from all types of portable hard disk drives such as Seagate, Transcend, WD, Samsung, Toshiba and so on. The helpful interface will help you to get back all types of data like documents, images, audio, video etc. within few mouse clicks. It also supports data recovery from crashed/deleted partitions after severe corruption or accidental operation.
- Free download hard drive recovery software and install it on your computer.
- You will see the interface of H Data Recovery with 6 unique recovery modes. Choose a recovery mode that is fit for your data loss situation. Place your mouse cursor on each button, and you will get the detailed description of each recovery mode.
- Click the button of your recovery options and select your hard drive. It will automatically to scan the partition you choose. After the scan, you will see the window of scanning results, where you can preview the results, and filter the files by size, file type and so on.
- Choose the files and file folders you need to recover, click Next. Choose a recovery path to restore the recovered results. You should not choose the location where you have lost your files in order to avoid data overwriting.