3 Ways to Recover Deleted Pictures from iPhone
I went to my friend’s house for a get-together and we took precious photos together, but afterward, I deleted all of these pictures by mistake. Is there a way I could get them back? I tried several ways, for example, restoring my phone, but it seems unuseful. Any good suggestions?
If you accidentally deleted the important images on your iPhone, please don’t worry! It is not the end of the world. There are three ways for you to recover deleted pictures from iPhone.
Method 1. Restore deleted iPhone photos in iTunes
You can retrieve your deleted iPhone pictures by restoring the previous iTunes backup file. Please notice that restore from backup will revert your iPhone to a previous state, which means the files newer than the backup will be removed.
- Install the latest version of iTunes if you don’t have it. Launch iTunes and connect your device to your computer. If a message asks to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps and click Trust.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes. On the left panel, select Summary and go to the Backups section. Select Restore Backups… to restore files from your iTunes backups.
Method 2. Recover deleted iPhone pictures from iCloud
iCloud automatically backs up the most important data on your iOS device using iOS 5 or later. So you can restore the accidentally deleted photos from iPhone by restoring from iCloud if you have an available backup file.
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”
- From the apps Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
Method 3. Recover deleted pictures with iPhone photo recovery software
If you don’t want to sync your iPhone with the old backups, or you simply don’t have any available backup files, there is the last but a more efficient method. You can use H Data iPhone Recovery, an iPhone photo recovery tool to directly scan and recover deleted images from your iPhone. It can also scan your iTunes backups (if available) and you can directly extract files from iTunes backups with no trouble.
Step 1. Choose a recovery mode that suits your situation best.
Connect your iPhone to a computer, select View and Restore Files from iTunes Backups. Choose an iTunes backup file and click SCAN.
If you can’t access your iPhone for the moment, you can also click Browse for iTunes Backups to manually select an iTunes backup file.
If you have no available backups, choose the Scan iPhone for deleted files mode and click Begin Recovery From iPhone button.
Step 2. When the scan is successfully completed, select Photos and you will be able to preview and export your deleted photos. H Data iPhone Recover can recover contacts, messages, WeChat conversations, reminders, notes, Safari history and more. Click on the categories on the left and freely check for details. If you want any of these files to be extracted to your computer, simply select them and click on the Export Selected Records.