Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone
What is the effective and easy method to move data from an old device to your brand new iPhone? There are actually several ways to achieve this, from the conventional methods offered by Apple to other alternatives that might come to your help when others fail. Here we are going to explain in details so that you can choose according to your preferences.
Transfer Data to New iPhone from iCloud backups
You can try to migrate your old data to your new iPhone from iCloud backup if you’ve synced your device with iCloud and have prepared at least one backup file.
- Turn on your new device. Tap a Wi-Fi network to join. If you’ve already set up your new device, you need to erase it before you can use these steps.
- Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”
- From the apps Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
You will see a progress bar with time remaining as iCloud restores your data. After the restoring is done, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage to check if the information on your device is fully restored.
Transfer Data to New iPhone from iTunes backups
- Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from. Also read: How to make iTunes Backups
- Install the latest version of iTunes if you don’t have it. Launch iTunes and connect your device to your computer. If a message asks to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps and click Trust.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes. On the left panel, select Summary and go to the Backups section. Select Restore Backups… to restore files from your iTunes backups.
Directly Extract Data from Old iPhone with H Data iPhone Data Recovery
If you prefer a direct and effective method to extract iOS data from an old device, a professional iOS data extractor shall be your best choice. H Data iPhone data recovery software allows you to extract and transfer iOS data from old iPhone to new iPhone without deleting data newer than your backups in your new iPhone.
Step 1. Choose a recovery mode that suits your situation best. Connect your iPhone to a computer, select View and Restore Files from iTunes Backups. Choose an iTunes backup file and click SCAN.
If you can’t access your iPhone for the moment, you can also click Browse for iTunes Backups to manually select an iTunes backup file.
If you have no available backups, choose the Scan iPhone for deleted files mode and click Begin Recovery From iPhone button.
Step 2. When the scan is successfully completed, click on the categories on the left and freely check for details. If you want any of these files to be extracted to your computer, simply select them and click on the Export Selected Records. Then you can connect your new iPhone to PC and import all extracted data into new your iPhone without having to delete any existing data.